The Law Regarding Moving Away From Your Former Spouse

Did you know that the law has change with respect to moving away from your former spouse with the children?

Yes, Wisconsin Statutes 767.48 has undergone major changes. The new law requires that you give certain notices and take certain steps before moving one hundred (100) miles away from your former spouse with your minor children. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney before you make a decision to quit your job and take a new job out of the area. Pre-planning can assist in resolving disputes or bringing disputes to a correct legal conclusion in a timely manner.

The new law has certain requirements that must be met in order to be in court within thirty (30) days of the filing of papers with the court seeking permission to move with minor children.

We would be happy to assist you in this regard and speak with you at length regarding your rights, responsibilities, and the probabilities of success in your case.

Our first initial consultation is free of charge. We do not begin charging you until we are retained and we perform substantive legal services for you. Give us a call at 920-451-6100.